The International University of the Caribbean currently offers two (2) exciting scholarship opportunities: Tertiary Track Scholarship and First Steps Scholarship.
The Tertiary Track Scholarship is awarded to candidates based on their defined financial need, history of involvement in community work and their display of potential to be effective role models in their respective communities. Applicants are interviewed by a panel of IUC representatives prior to approval.
The First Steps Scholarship is a discount in the amount of $70,000.00 on your tuition fee for the first year of your selected programme. The programmes offered with this scholarship may vary each academic year.
The programmes on offer for 2011/2012 academic year are:
1. Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
2. Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
3. Bachelor of Arts in Community Development
4. Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management
5. Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
6. Bachelor of Arts in Guidance and Counselling
To view scholarship flyer click here
The following are general requirements for the scholarships available for the academic year 2011/2012. See details below:
1. Scholarships are offered to new students; current students do not qualify for the above mentioned scholarships.
2. Applicants should not have pursued a tertiary level programme prior to applying
3. Applicants must be a Jamaican Citizen
4. Applicants should submit all documentation in keeping with advertised deadlines
5. The awards are available to both full-time and part-time (unless otherwise stated)
6. The completed application form should be submitted to the Enrollment Department at the campus of choice (N.B. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.)
7. The applicant must be able to prove that they have a genuine need for sponsorship.
8. All administrative costs are paid by the applicant upon acceptance in the degree programme/scholarship.
HOW TO APPLY
Click here to download the Scholarship application form.
You are required to submit:
a) A completed Scholarship Application Form
b) Two recent passport size photographs
c) Proof of educational qualification(s):
i. CSEC (CXC) / GCE O’level Certificate(s)**
ii. Other certification (if applicable)**
d) Birth Certificate**
e) Marriage Certificate **(if applicable)
f) Two Referee report forms [forms may be submitted by hand in a sealed envelop] - Download
g) Statement of purpose: ‘Why should you be awarded this scholarship and how will this programme benefit you and the wider society
h) A non-refundable application fee of $300.00
[**originals along with copies for verification are required)